Monday, September 1, 2014

Happiness


 
I had the world at my feet and the happiness seemed complete
But this life is but a blink of an eye and everything seems like deceit
If strife and struggle do better equip us for the ultimate joy
Then I will surely give everything including that most expensive toy
 

But we are beguiled by this world not realising that life is very short
Building huge mansions and having much money true happiness cannot be bought
It is the knowledge that our sustenance and provision is from our Lord
He gives whom He wills but truly the next life is the ultimate reward
 

We place our trust firmly in His hands as He is the Supreme
Fancy cars and holidays is pretty much we all believe make a dream
Our best endeavours are not always good enough so we may fail
If only we knew our dependence on His goodwill will out of difficulty us bail
 

What we see and hear develops our different dreams and aspiration
We feel pain for our lack and for others we have so much admiration
We long to be their equals and taste of what we so much long for
But we see in our current situation merely a closed door
 

The pain sets in as all around seem happy and relaxed
My body is already numb and even the little I have is taxed
I so much wanted happiness but sadness and regret has overtaken me
The reality to this all I try to hide so that none can see

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Appropriate words that inspires me and have so much relevance in the not too recent pass 2 weeks when I decided to fire my company

    ReplyDelete